Is replacing an engine worth it?
When your car needs repairs, one of the last things you want to hear is that your engine needs to be replaced. Depending on how old your vehicle is, engine replacement may not be worth the cost. On average, a new 4 cylinder engine will cost about $4,000 to $5,000 to replace. This cost could go up considerably for a V6 or V8 engine. While expensive, the replacement may be necessary, but there are cheaper options, one of which is low mileage used engines.
You may ask, “How much does it cost to put in a used engine?” A used engine is considerably lower than a new one. On average, you can get a used engine for $400 to $700. If you need to replace your engine, you can find used engines in Marietta and Atlanta, GA at the engine specialists at American Engine Installations. We sell and install low mileage used engines, and provide a full range of engine services. Find out how we can help by calling __PHONE__.
Is it cheaper to rebuild or replace an engine?
Engine replacement is expensive, and often people look for less expensive options. One option is a rebuilt engine. This means the current engine is disassembled, and parts like O rings or timing belts are repaired or replaced. The engine is reassembled, cleaned, and inspected. This is a cheaper option than replacing the engine. Plus it will be compatible with the vehicle’s computer system without needing adjustments to the computer. While a rebuilt engine is always a good option, you might also consider used engines. As mentioned, a used engine will cost anywhere between $400 to $700.
Used engine vs rebuilt
When choosing between used engines and rebuilt engines, cost tends to be a major deciding factor between the two. Here is a breakdown of benefits of both types of engines.
- Tend to be better for long-term reliability, and better warranties.
- Compatible with the computer system.
- Performance may be better because of new parts installed on it.
- Although sometimes a short-term solution, costs are comparably lower.
- If bought from a reputable dealer, these engines will be reliable. They have passed tests and have been tested in real driving situations.
- Environmentally beneficial. Fewer older engines are thrown away.
Should you buy a used engine?
While used engines are a much cheaper option for replacement, you’ll have to consider several aspects including compatibility. You’ll want to make sure the used engine will fit with your vehicle and its computer system. Of course, this is a consideration you must make with a new engine. You’ll also want to factor in labor costs if you aren’t replacing the engine yourself. Even with labor charges, the used engine is still the cheaper option. You’ll find it’s a great option if you choose a low mileage used engine from American Engine Installations. We make sure our engines are of the highest quality, and we will install it for you.
Can I find a used engine
If you need an engine, a cheaper option than a new engine is a used engine. You can find used engines at various dealers like American Engine Installations. If you are asking, “How do I find a used engine?” you want to spend some time making a search that will land you the best, most reliable engine available.
How to buy used engine: To ensure you get the best deal you need to:
- Make sure you need a new engine. Signs you need a new engine include it not starting in cold weather, excessive oil use, and oil pooling under the vehicle.
- Get a reliable mechanic to inspect your current for any problems. The mechanic can let you know if the engine needs to be replaced or not.
- Get all the information you can about your car including the VIN, its engine code, and production date.
- Search for used and rebuilt auto parts dealers, and call around to several to see if they have engines available and what their prices are.
- Find out what the engine’s mileage is. An engine with less than 75,000 miles is the best bet. The lower the mileage, the less wear and tear on components.
- Make sure the dealer can verify the mileage with sources like Carfax. These sources will also determine if the engine was in an accident in the original vehicle, as well as other information.
- Get a description of the engine and make sure all its parts are intact.
- Ask about available warranties.
- Have a professional install the engine.
- Call __PHONE__ and get in touch with American Engine Installations for the most reliable used engines available.
Used engine for sale near me
When your engine is ready to be replaced, you may want to consider a used engine. American Engine Installations offers a full range of engine services including selling and installing used engines in Marietta and Atlanta, GA. Find out how we can help or schedule a service appointment by calling __PHONE__.